Me: "Hi this is Vicki from SweatFree Communities."
Person I'm talking to: "Don't worry, I'm wearing deodorant."
It reminds me of working at Food & Water Watch and being asked if I was a meat inspector.
I'm really loving the new job. It suits my instinct for juggling a variety of tasks -- I train activists, I lobby state legislators, I talk to reporters, I organize speaking tours, I go to fish fry's and bbq's.
If you want to get a sense for what I spend my time doing, check out some of the media coverage we earned for our biggest, baddest report we released last week in conjunction with a number of campaign launches. The report is really amazing--it not only documents serious human rights violations in factories that make uniforms for US public employees (think police officers, firefighters, etc) through extensive one-on-one interviews with workers in 12 factories in 9 countries, but it also offers really concrete solutions for what cities and states--and regular people like you and me--can do improve conditions for workers. Read the report and the coverage here: http://www.sweatfree.org/subsidizing
Here's what I was doing last week:
No comments:
Post a Comment