Monday, July 7, 2008

Dreams from My Father

Here’s an email from my dad. He's gonna be on a game show!
Go to http://www.crosswords.tv/ to find out when to tune in (I think Eckhart = Elkhart)

Hi Friends and Family, if any of you would like to see my sort-of-smiling face on a real (but not live) TV game show, I will be on Merv Griffin's Crosswords on Wednesday, July 16 -- this is a decidedly "old-school" show, i.e. kind of dull, very little money, no bells and whistles, low-key contestants -- this explains how I got on! -- the show was taped last September, but they are just getting around to airing it now -- if you want to watch, you should, as they used to say, "consult your local listings for time and channel in your area," or you can go to www.crosswords.tv and follow the appropriate links to find the channel (and I think the time) that the show is on in your area -- some areas (including LA) may show two episodes a day; if so, I'll be on one of them, but I don't know which one -- and don't assume you've got the wrong show if you see two contestants named Ben and Tan, but not me, at the start of the show; that's the right show, I'll be along later -- so if you've got 30 minutes to spare, enjoy (and I use the word loosely) the show -- I myself will be TiVo-ing it for later viewing, since Karen and I will be sans TV at her lake place in Washington state that week. Ron/Dad/Uncle Ron

~

1 comment:

RonPKaplan said...

Your father must be very smart to be on a real TV game show!