Monday, August 4, 2008

Lunker's and clunkers

Check it out. This is where I'm eating dinner tomorrow. It's a one-hour drive but I think it might be worth it.

And here's where I just came from. Waiting in line for tix to see Obama speak here in little ol' Elkhart County, Indiana! We were among the several hundred people disappointed after waiting in line for a long time only to be told there would be an overflow area in the parking lot of Concord High School where we could watch the rally on a TV screen.

I whisked my two interns away from our desks this afternoon to try and get there early enough to get tickets, but we were too late. I guess that's what Obama thinks of working people.... you have a job, you don't deserve tickets because we start giving them out at 4 pm and the only people who actually get them are the ones who have the luxury of spending all day waiting in lawn chairs on the sidewalk of downtown Elkhart all day.

So, overflow area it is for me. Check back on Wednesday for a report on what it's like to be part of the first time Indiana has cared about a presidential race since 1968.

I also owe this blog a number of overdue posts. The videos, photos, and thoughts are waiting to make their debut, I've just been lazy... but to whet your appetite: Demolition Derby, silos, live auctions, the quest for another Jew, and more.... coming your way soon.

1 comment:

JP said...

Yeah, I heard there was to be a Live Blog from the kosher section of the grocery store? Where? When? Your readership wants to know!